Friday, August 7, 2009

Wheelchair

Beth writing. Liz actually got in the wheelchair today. I took her outside for a while and then she got hot so we went in. She had me leave her in the hall for a while. She wanted to get out but PT was not back yet so we went up and down the halls.

She did very well getting out of it. I still took 2 people to get her in and out, so it's not something I can do on my own.

Liz would really like visitors. If you have any time, please stop by. If she is asleep - WAKE HER UP.

Yesterday the Occupational Therapist came in and asked Liz "Do you want to get up and brush your teeth?" Liz said "no." Then he asked 'Do you want to sit up and dangle you feed off the bed?" Liz said "no." He just had her do some exercises. I asked Liz if she had told him that she can't get up and she said "He should read the "f-ing" chart. It's not my fault if he's stupid". We just can't believe some of the people. I remember when Zack/Keith was in and nurses and such would come in the room and ask if he was ready to go for a walk. He had all kinds of comebacks. For those of you who don't know. The week before Thanksgiving in 2006 my nephew had an ATV accident and broke the same vertebrae. His break compromised his spine so he is paralyzed. What are the chances of 2 cousins breaking the same vertebrae?

I believe that going through all that with Zack has let me deal with what is going on with Liz better than I might have. When I got the phone call about Liz - the Lord told me that she was bad but going to be okay. When I got the Call about Zack - we left to drive to Palm Springs and I did not know if he was dead or alive until we got very close to the hospital and one of my sisters called from the hospital. Life is nver dull in our family.

Again, thanks for all the prayers, food, gifts, visitors and such. They have been a Godsend. It's interesting how times like these show you who your friends really are. Some people have stepped up that I never would have expected and some that I expected have not. I don't know if traumas bring out the worst or best of people. I have learned a lot from this trauma and it will change how I do things in the future.

God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz!! Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you and praying for you DAILY! You are on our hearts and minds, and the girls have ALL been praying for healing and quick recovery for you! Love You, The Maass Team

    ReplyDelete