Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cardiac Chair

Beth writing. I have been at the hospital a lot the last couple of days. Yesterday, I got there a 9 am so I could be there for PT. They did not come until 4 p.m. Thank heavens it was a person we know, so when Liz said she did not want to get up, he did not listen. He listened to me.

Liz got in a Cardiac Chair (almost like a gurney with wheels that sits up). When she first got on, she wanted off immediately. He adjusted it and it was better. I took her for a ride. This was not easy. The thing is very hard to steer. We stayed on the floor and went down through the halls with windows. She liked that. She lasted about 20 minutes.

It was a good thing I was there. The case worked came in and they want to send Liz to a Nursing home to get better and build up strength. You can't go to Rehab until you can do 3 hours of PT a day and she can't even do 1 yet. They were going to send her to Simi. I put a stop to that. Hopefully she will end up at Corbin and Sherman Way. When she can do 1 hour of PT, she can go to Rehab - so still pray for Northridge.

The doctor came in and put her back on IV fluids since she's not eating or drinking. He also told her that if she did not start eating they were going to put in a feeding tube. Low and behold - she ate 1/2 a chicken sandwich and a banana last night. This morning when I talked to her she told me she had ordered her food for tomorrow. I am so happy.

We are getting through day by day. Please continue to pray and you are welcome to stop by and see Liz. Hope to see some of you at the concert tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment