Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Insurance

Beth writing. It is Wednesday. Sorry it's been so long, but wanted to wait until I knew more.

On Friday at 3:15 - Liz called me in tears and said "They are sending me home today." I said "No there not. I'll be right there." By the time I got there they had decided that they would send her home on Saturday. I said "No." I ran though all the reasons. After fighting with Case Manager and Insurance for 2 hours, it was decided that we re-evaluate on Monday. Well, Monday came and they still wanted to send her "HOME". No nursing home would take her. Again, I explained that her grandparents could not safetly take care of her and there was no money to hire help.

Well, end result was that she was transferred to St. Joseph's in Burbank yesterday at 4:30 p.m. She is in rehab even though she is not supposed to be because she can't walk yet. That is the requirement for Rehab. You have to be able to walk if you are going to be able to walk. (This is for my family - symantics).

They agreed to keep her 1 to 1 1/2 weeks if I would agree to take her home at that time. I am leaving it in God's hands that it will work out that she will be able to stay there. Please pray for this. We wanted Northridge, but her insurance doesn't have a contract there. I am and will be spending long hours because of distance.

You know they say that God doesn't give you more than you can handle - well I think I'm done (but obviously God doesn't). My boss today (the church Pastor) told me that as of September 1 there is no more money to pay me. I am being laid off. I have not been happy there for a while with all the politics and stuff going on and was deciding what to do. Guess God took the decision out of my hands. We could use the money, but I am praying that he opens some other door that I can use.

I will try to update more often, but with no laptop and only home to sleep - it's kinda hard.

Thanks for the prayers and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment