Wednesday, August 5, 2009

National Safety Board

Beth writting. Well, I guess Liz's injuries are officially MAJOR. There is a man out front right now who is taking pictures, measuring, looking and asking questions. He says the police and fire department give them details on accidents and they go into a database. The database then picks out bad accidents to be investigated. Like "how did injuries happen?" and in Liz's case "did the car save her life?" This guy seems to agree with the fire department. SHE IS LUCKY TO BE ALIVE.

Physical Therapy has been interesting. Today they only sent one person again. When they do this, Liz can get the brace on and just does bed exercises. Yesterday there were two people, so she even got to stand up for a while. She is progressing. The doctors and nurses seem to be surprised by how well she is moving. This morning she and I did discuss how long she might have to wear the braces. She kinda' knew about the hip brace but had no idea she would be in the back brace for 2 1/2 more months. Right now she only has the brace on once a day (if even) and not for very long. I am not sure how she is going to take it when it need to be on longer.

Please keep praying. We can feel the prayers. As everyone knows, Liz is a social person. Come visit. Wake her up if she's sleeping (during the day) lol.

Thanks for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth,
    I came by to visit Liz this morning for a little bit until OT showed up. She seemed to be in good spirits and looked well to me. She is a sweet girl and I am praying that she keeps her faith through such a difficult and painful ordeal.I caannot even imagine what she s going through, but I do know that what does not kill us does make us stronger, especially with God's help.You are also in my prayers because I do know what you are going through. I know how difficult it is to watch our children, no matter what age they are, go through any pain. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete